How to Force Close on iOS, Home-Button Enabled Devices
- Double tap your home button to show your most recently used apps
- Swipe left or right to find the app you wish close
- Swipe up on the app you wish to close
- The app is now closed and you can re-open it at your convenience
Why should I force close my app?
Sometimes app's don't refresh the way we always intend or want them to. App refreshing is important because, depending on the feature or action you're trying to take in-app, it's required to do a force close to maintain a fresh instance of the app to ensure you get the most up to date functionality and also to clear any type of caching on the app.
How to Force Close on Android Devices
- Tap the overview button
- Find the app you wish to close
- Swipe left or right on the particular app you want closed
- To close all apps, scroll up to the very top of this view and tap "Clear All"